Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Week Number One!!!

Wow this first week out as a missionary has been absolutely insane! The first day we arrived in Guatemala at 6:30 am after flying all night.  Right when we arrived at the MTC we had classes and meetings. Luckily we got about a 2 hour nap, but then had to get up and work again until about 8 pm.  It was so exhausting! But, as exhausting as it has been, it has been absolutely amazing! I have been learning so many new things about the gospel, and about myself.  I am attempting to learn Spanish, but it is SO hard! All of our classes are in Spanish and my brain just hurts at the end of every day from using it so much.  Luckily we are blessed with the Gift of Tounges. I know that this is a true gift from the Holy Spirit, because there is no way that my Spanish could improve as much as it has in the last 6 days.  I am so grateful for that gift! 

We already had two lessons with our first investigator at the MTC. They went great! Except for the fact that I don't know much Spanish and the lessons have to be taught in it... Thank goodness my awesome companion is really good at Spanish and can take over the lesson when I get absolutely lost in it! Its been so much fun though, I cannot wait to get into the field and teach real investigators about this true Gospel that can bless them and their families life's more than they can even imagine.  

P-days are literally like Christmas here at the MTC. We work so hard every other day (we have class from about 7 am to 7:30 pm) so its so nice to have a day that we can relax a little. We got to go to the temple this morning and then come back, write our families, and now we have deportes (sports) for the next 4 hours! Tonight the central america area 70 is coming here to talk to us. It is going to be so great. The devotionals and lessons here have been so amazing. The spirit at the MTC is like nothing I have ever felt before. It is so strong all of the time. Everyone is trying to become the best they can be and trying to be more like Christ, making the environment a perfect place for the Spirit to be. It is amazing.

This first week has defintely not been easy, but I know that this is right where I am suppose to be. Guatemala is suppose to be my home for the next 18 months. I know that I am going to go through difficult times and miss my family so much, but the experiences that I am going to be having will make up for those hard experiences that I will encounter. Elder Richard G. Scott promises that missions make us better daughters, mothers, and wives. Knowing that these next 18 months are not only going to be a blessing in my life and those i am serving, but also will be blessing my family and my future family, makes it all so worth it! I love you all and am so grateful for all the love and support! 

Love,
Hermana Baird  

No comments:

Post a Comment