Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Semana Numero Dos!

Hi Everyone!

Everything is going so great in Guatemala! I love my mission. I am learning so much about the gospel, and am trying to learn a lot of Spanish but it is still super hard! I am getting better at speaking it, but when people talk to me its hard for me to understand. I love this language though, its becoming so much fun to practice speaking it! 

I am really sad because tomorrow all of the Latinos are leaving for the mission field. I got really close to two of them. One of them was from Honduras and the other from Ecuador. They laughed at my Spanish a lot (I would too, I'm not surprised) but it was so fun practicing with them and learning from them. Hermana Jara, the one from Ecuador, is such an example to me! She has been a member of the church for only 2 years, and decided to go on a mission. She is the only member in her family and has such a strong testimony! When we were sharing our stories with each other we automatically bonded because ours are so similar!  I love all of the Hermanas here, they are so great and such great teachers and examples to me! 

My teacher here is so awesome. His name is Hermano Abadillo. He is from Guatemala City but served his mission in Houston Texas and got back about five months ago. He speaks absolutely perfect English so it gives me hope with my Spanish! He has so many super inspirational stories. Basically all of the Elders in my district have come to the mission right after graduating high school.. So the maturity levels between the Hermanas and Elders is a little bit different.. Okay a lot different, its a little hard for them to be quiet and stay focused on studying! Haha but luckily our teacher knows how to keep them in line. Every time one of them talks in English in class, says dude or any other slang, or is just being a bad example, he gives them a point and they are going to have to go and sing hymns in each classroom by themselves. Thank goodness they have calmed down a little bit since he started that! I love my district though! The elders are awesome even if they are a little outta control sometimes, and the Hermanas are amazing! All of us Hermanas in my district are going to the same mission so hopefully i will get to see them later on in the mission! 

I cannot believe its already been 2 weeks here at the MTC, time is absolutely flying by! In four weeks I will be out in the field. Holy cow. I cannot wait. Thanks so much for all of your support! 

Yo se que la Iglesia de Jesucristo de los santos de los últimos dios is verdadera. 
Yo se que José Smith es un profeta de Dios.
Yo se que el Libro de Mormón son las palabaras de Dios. 
Yo se que el templo es la casa de Dios y estoy agradecido que is muy cerca a CCM (MTC).
Yo quiero este Iglesia y mi salvador Jesucristo. 
En el nombre de Jesucristo. Amen. 


Love,
Hermana Baird

(Staci sent pics to be posted but I was unable to open them, so we will try again next week.  Also she asked that I let you know her computer time is very limited so she may not get back with you right away when you email her.  She loves the support! Lynn)

No comments:

Post a Comment