Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Title: The Final Countdown!

Oh my goodness, I leave for Quetzaltenango in 6 days! I could not be any more excited. I am a little nervous due to my broken Spanish, but once I am out in the field I know I will pick up on it much faster because I will be totally immersed. Its likely that my first companion will be a native spanish speaker, which will be so good for me, it will force me to use my Spanish! Pray for her... She is going to need a whole lot of patience once she hears me try to talk! I can´t wait to meet her and my mission president. This is going to be such an amazing experience and I am so ready for it to begin.

This last week at the MTC has been a little different. The week started off great. Last tuesday we got to go to this little mall and shop around for awhile. We mainly just bought candy and snacks--and they had peanut butter!!! I was so happy. Well, unfortunately, I havent been able to eat any of it because a couple of days later I woke up feeling very sick. Turns out I had a stomach virus! I hadn´t ever felt so sick to my stomach before, the nurse put me on a speacial diet to try and calm it. It lasted about 4 or 5 days. Two of the days I was so sick that I couldn´t go to class and had to sleep. Thankfully this happened at the MTC so that my companion was still able to go to class and didn´t just have to stay in the room with me. I am so grateful for her, she has been so extremely patient and loving the last few days with me! Anyways, its all good now, I feel 100x better! Now these next 6 days I am just going to have to study my heart out so that I can make up for the 2 days I lost last week! 

Today was the last time we get to go to the Guatemala City Temple. It has been such a blessing to have the temple just right outside the gates of the MTC. Every morning when we walk down to breakfast we have an awesome view of it, with the mountains right behind it. Today at the temple I was just thinking about how great it is to be a member of the church that Jesus Christ organized. I was thinking about how blessed everyone in this world is to have a brother who would sacrafice his life for us, and suffer for all of his brothers and sisters, so that we all could progress in this life, and live with our Heavenly Father once again. Whenever I think about this sacrafice, it motivates me even more to give all of my might, mind, and strength to God these next 18 months, to show him how thankful I am for what his Son did for all of us. 

I love you all so much and am so grateful for your support!
Have an amazing week,

Hermana Baird<3

PS.  My mission address on my bookmark should read:
Sister Anastasia D. Baird
Guatemala Quetzeltenango Mission
5A Calle 14-35, Zona 3
09001 Quetzaltenango, Guatemala

No comments:

Post a Comment