Friday, January 15, 2016

Time is seriously flying by! I cannot believe I have been in Guatemala
for 4 months now. I am going to finish my training this next week. I am super sad because my companion (mi madre en la mision) is going to finish her mission...Hermana Rodriguez and I get along super well, she is
definitely going to be one of my best friends for the rest of my life.
But, I am also excited to get a new companion and learn how to work
with someone else! Pray for me that she will have patience, cuz my
Spanish still is no where near perfect.. Always a struggle.

I have learned so much on my mission so far.  I have really
learned in the last couple of weeks that when we have faith,
miracles really do happen. We read about this in tons of scriptures in the
Libro de Mormon and the Biblia.  I know that it is true because
of things that happened these past few weeks.  One afternoon it
was extremely hot and all of our lessons fell through. So we began
to contact. We felt like we should go to this area that is at the top
of a huge hill. We felt like we needed to contact the first house that
we were passing by. We knocked and almost immediately someone answered,
her name was Bilma. Her husband was hit by a car in the previous week
and was in the hospital because both of his legs were broken. She said
that she wanted to listen to us but she had to go to the hospital. We
set up an appointment for the next week. Hermana Rodriguez and I both
felt as if we needed to invite her to baptized, and she accepted the
date! She said that she wanted to keep learning. We visited her again
Saturday and before we started the lesson we asked her if she had any
questions about what she read in the Libro de Mormon. She said no, but
then said that after reading part of it she felt like this was the
most correct church, and that Jose Smith really was a prophet. We were
so excited! She then said that her kids (they are around 20 yrs old)
were reading the introduction of the book and wanted to learn more
about it too. So tonight we are having Family Home Evening with her whole
family! She is truly a miracle for us. It is amazing how when we
really listen, the spirit guides us exactly where we need to be.

Estoy muy agradecido para todos los bendiciones que podemos recibir a
través este evangelio. Yo se que esta es la Iglesia verdadera. Yo se
que nuestro Padre Celestial nos ama todos de nosotros y quiere la
mejor para cada uno de nosotros. Se que podemos ser la mas felices
cuando vivimos la Evangelio de Jesucristo. Muchas gracias a todos para
su apoyo a mi. Les ama mucho! Tenga una feliz semana. Con mucho amor,
Hermana Baird :)

No comments:

Post a Comment