Monday, January 18, 2016

Title: A week full of MIRACLES

I think I probably say this in every blog post, but I love my mission so much! This week has been a little bittersweet because my companion, my trainer, is going home tomorrow. I have learned so much from her and we have had so much fun together. I am going to miss laughing non stop with her but I plan on visiting her in Honduras after the mission! 

This week we saw so many miracles. The first was when we were walking to an appointment. There was a little girl with a lady who was about the same age as us. The little girl was pushing the lady in front of us so we started talking to her. She said that she moved into our area 3 months ago and has been wanting to talk to us ever since. She is a member and returned from her mission one year ago but has been inactive for awhile because her husband isn't a member. She has a baby of 3 months who is extremely sick, and she is sick as well. She just asked us if we can pray a lot for her because she is having a lot of challenges in her life. It is amazing how the Lord puts people in our paths so that we can give them the love and the help that they need. 

Another miracle: Two weeks ago we received a referencia for a lady whose daughter is a member. We called them right away to make an appointment. We made the appointment for Sunday. On Sunday when we called their phone was turned off and we didn't know where they lived because it is in a part of our area that is in the mountains. We tried calling them later and the phone was still turned off. We were contacting this week and we contacted an older lady with her two grand kids. The granddaughter said that her mom was Clara and was a member, the grandmas name was Faustina...She was the reference! We talked for a few minutes and then made plans to meet up with them on Sunday so that we could find there house. Yesterday we went to the appointment and found out that Faustina has been going to church with her daughter for almost 8 years but hasn't been baptized. We asked her to be baptized, and she committed without hesitation. It is truly amazing how each person has their specific time. After 8 years of attending church she is now prepared and we have the amazing opportunity to reteach her the missionary lessons and be a part of her baptism. 

I am so grateful for this opportunity I have to serve the Lord. I have truly gained a testimony that our Savior lives. There has been experiences that I have had in the last three months that make it impossible for me to deny this. Thank you to everyone for all your support and love!
Con mucho amor de Guatemala,
Hermana Baird 

No comments:

Post a Comment