Saturday, June 11, 2016

May 23

Wow I feel like it has been forever since I have written a blog-we have been super super busy! But everything is going just great and I am still enjoying my mission a ton. I am really enjoying my new area and we are working as hard as we can here. It is an area that hasnt had a baptism in almost a year, so we are really searching for those who are prepared and are waiting to receive the blessings of the true gospel! Right now in these last couple of weeks we have found a lot of people who are extremely positive and interested in the gospel. It is so rewarding to see how when these people learn of the gospel, we can see the change in them, and we can see how much happier they are. 

Two weeks ago was "Semana de la familia" it means Family Week. There were various activities throughout the week for all of the community, and Saturday we did a community service project. We went to an area where many people pass by everyday, where there is a ton of trash. Here in Guatemala litering is a huge problem, and its super sad because the country is so beautiful, but there is trash everywhere! So anyways we started at 7am and collected trash until about 11. We filled 100+ big black garbage bags. It was super cool because a lot of people passed by us and asked what program we were with, and we were able to talk a little bit about the church. Some people joined in with us, and others we were able to get their information and are now teaching them. It was an experiencia muy bonita and we are hoping to do something like it again soon! 

I am trying to enjoy every minute of every day here in the mission because time is seriously SO fast! I am basically half way through my mission, and i literally feel like I just got here last week. Its such a priviledge to be able to dedicate all of my time right now to the Lord, and to be able to dedicate all of my time to serving others. There are definiately hard times during these 18 months, but the good times over power every sad, hard, discouraging moment that we have.  I love guatemala and all of these humble, amazing people here. I love that I have this opportunity to be here and bring the life-changing messege to these people: that our Heavenly Father has restored the Church of Jesus Christ here in the tierra, and that Jesus Christ is at the head of this church guiding our beloved prophet and apostoles. I am so greatful for each and everyone of you and the support that I have recieved from you all. 

Con mucho amor de Guatemala,
 Hermana Baird




  Cute little hermanas that we are teaching! They are from a place where they speak a language called Quiche. But luckily they can speak spanish too :) This is the clothing typical here in Guatemala. Its called "Corte". Its superrrr expensive, for the shirt at the skirt it ranges from about 300-700 dollars! 

Pictures from service project




As of June 11, all blogs are entered:)

No comments:

Post a Comment