Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Nov 7




This week has been a week full of miracles and many exciting things! For most of the things I am wanted to share, I have pictures that go along with them, so I am just going to put the picture, and then put a caption explaining each thing. I hope you can enjoy them as much as I did! :)

First of all, we had a Multi Zone conference this week with Elder Alonzo from the Seventy. Wow, he is a very very inspired guy. We all left that conference in shock by all of the amazing truths and advice he taught us. He shared a story with us that I just loved. He went to the doctor and the doctor told him he was depressed. Elder Alonzo responded, "There is no way I am depressed, I may be sick, but depressed? You have to be kidding me. Do you know what church I go to? I am part of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I cant be depressed. I know that the Lord has restored his church through the prophet Jose Smith, and that through that I can receive every ordnance I need to return to his presence. I know that today we have a living prophet in the world who receive guidance and revelation directly from God, and I know that the Book of Mormon is true. A book that can guide me in ever aspect in my life. There is no reason at all for me to be depressed. Sick, yes, I am sick, but depressed, there is no way." I loved this story and just thought about how true it is! We have absolutely know reason to be sad as members of the true church of Jesus Christ. We have EVERYTHING we need to be happy and to enjoy every second of our lives. I love this gospel and all of the joy that it has brought me during my life before the mission and my life during the mission.





So during the Multi Zona, Elder Alonzo talked with us about being more creative in finding new investigators. So as a district we decided that we were going to go to central park on Saturday morning and sing and hand out pamphlets and books of Mormon. Well let me just start off by saying, we chose Saturday morning because EVERYONE in Toto goes there because of the market. So we had more than 30 Books of Mormon, and over 150 pamphlets to give out. As we started singing, people started coming up to the table and were curious about what we had. When someone came up, one of us stopped singing to talk with them. At the end of the two hours that we had set apart to do this, we had given away literally all of our supplies! Over 150 people went home that day with material to learn about the true gospel of Jesus Christ, and we found many new people to visit. It was one of the most fun and creative things I have done to contact people on my mission so far!







This is Elizabeth. She is one of our investigators and is a huge proof to me that the Lord truly knows each and every one of us and also that he prepares people to receive the message that we share as missionaries. So about 4 months ago I met Elizabeth. We had tried and tried to put appointments with her, but for some reason or another, we never were able to meet up. We literally saw here probable every other week, and tried and tried to put lessons. She said every time we saw her, "Hermanas when are you going to visit me?!" So about 2 weeks ago, we were leaving the village where she lives and I thought, we should call her before we leave to see if we can visit her. We called and she happened to be in Central, where we were planning on going. We went immediately and found her. We taught her in the park and she was just golden! She has a baptism date for December 3rd and is progressing so much! She came to church on Sunday and loved it. This morning we invited her to go running with us. She met us at the track, and then we had a lesson with her. She is going through hard times with her family right now and is having to live on her own. Today after we read with her in the Book of Mormon she shared with us an experience that happened. That she had a lot of things she needed to pay for today, and didnt have any way to pay for it. She said that these past few months have been so difficult and that every time she feels like she just cant keep going she prays to the Lord. Today she told us that it was a miracle because she knows the Lord hears her, because every time she prays she asks for him to put something in front of her that can help her. Every time she has asked, she says that its in those moments when we run into her. The Lord TRULY puts us in the path of those who need his gospel the most. I am so grateful for Eliza and all that her faith has taught me.




Noche de Hogar in the mission home with President and Hermana Smith, and with the Familia Ramierez!








"Soy Chapin de Sangre" It means I have the blood of a Guatemalan hahah. A member forced me to take this picture with his shirt on haha.





We were going to have to go super early for consejo de lideres with our Zone Leaders so a cute little member said she would make us pancakes to take with us. Well, the meeting got canceled, but the pancakes didnt, so the Zone leaders got lucky and got their breakfast delivered to there house that day!









No comments:

Post a Comment