Monday, February 13, 2017

Feb 6

Today has been a rather bittersweet day. It is the first day of the last change of my mission. How? I have no idea! The time has literally flown by. I am so grateful for this time I have had to serve the Lord. And it is truly incredible how much I have learned in these last 17 months , and also how much I have been molded into the person the Lord wants me to become. I am grateful that I still have 6 weeks to work hard. Many times at the end of someones mission, they start to think a lot about home, they start to lose a bit of their desire to work, and maybe stop doing the things with the diligence that they have before. Well, ever since the beginning of my mission I have had to goal to never become like that. I have such a strong desire to work the hardest that I have worked for these last 6 weeks. I know that Hermana Moruna and I are going to see miracles, and that we are going to have success. When we do our part, the Lord blesses us and always keeps his promises. 

One of my best friends from the ward I am in, Sara, left for her mission in Mexico today. She always came out and visited investigators with us. She is so great and I am so excited for her to go on a mission! The mission truly changes lives, not only those who we teach, but our own. My companion always tells me, "Hermana Baird, you aren't finishing any mission, you are just finishing your training that has trained you for the rest of your life." Its so true. The mission is the best place to learn, and to become more like Christ. I still have so much to learn and to grow, I know that with the Lord's help we can become exactly who he wants us to be. 

Love you all!
Hermana Baird


So excited for my tortilla iron that I bought!! For less than $5. So the tortillas here are freshly made from corn, or from corn flour. But you have to cook them on a certain type of iron, called "comal". So I bought one! And I bought some corn flour so that we could make tortillas in the house. I think I am just a wannabe chapina.

.
 




















No comments:

Post a Comment