Friday, December 11, 2015

Title: #HaNacidounSalvador

Wow Christmas is so soon I cannot believe it! It is a little difficult during this time because I miss being with my family. But at the same time it is amazing because I have the opportunity to remind people here what Christmas is really about. The church has a new video out Ha Nacido un Salvador (A Savior has been born). We have a portable DVD and try to show this to everyone we pass by in the streets.  Everyone should go and watch it! The website is  navidad.mormon.org. This month of December has been much different for me than in the past. Not only because I am on a mission, but because of my mindset about Christmas. I have been thinking more about the true purpose of it. We all get so wrapped up in gifts and materialistic things during this time, when really the most important thing to remember is the birth our Savior Jesus Christ. He is not only our savior in the sense that we can return with our Heavenly Father after this life, but he is also our Savior during this life. It is through Christ that we can be happy during our time here in this life. It is through repentance and the Atonement of Jesus Christ that we can feel true joy and peace. I am so grateful for our Savior and invite everyone to take time to think about the true meaning of Christmas, and I know that it will make this season even better for you!

This week has been great! Our investigator Mayrena was baptized! She has 3 kids, two of them were baptized in September, and the other is only 6. They were such great example to her. And now she is a member too! She has such a strong testimony and is a great example to us. I love them so much. They are super fun to be around, and of course love making fun of my Spanish haha. 

We had the great opportunity this week to have a conference with Elder Ochoa, one of the Central American Seventies. It was so great hearing from a general authority here in the mission because they know exactly what we need to do here to have success. Something  I loved hearing from him was that it doesn't matter if people reject us. We are here to give everyone the opportunity to hear the message of Jesus Christ and we need to be bold and talk to everyone. Even if we think we are going to get a door slammed in our faces. I really needed to hear this because I got a little discouraged this last week. We were contacting in the street and we came upon a man who seemed extremely nice. He was smiling and seemed interested in what we wanted to teach him. He invited us in and we started the lesson. Well very quickly we learned he didn't want to hear it. He only wanted us to come in so that he could bash us. He would ask us what we though about something, and before we could even start he would tell us nope I don't believe it. He bashed us for about 1 hour. I wanted to cry, I felt so frustrated and angry! I didnt understand why someone was being so mean when we were just trying to share a simple messege with him. I felt discouraged but relized that this is just part of the missin and hard things happen so that I can grow. I learned that I need to develop more charity. So that I can love this people that reject us just like chirst loved those who rejected him. The mission is great! I am learning so much that will help me throughout all of my life. I am so grateful for this opportunity and for all of the support from my friends and family. 

Love you all!
xoxoxo




No comments:

Post a Comment