Saturday, November 28, 2015

Title: Baptisms! :)--- Blogger's secretary was out of town until today:)

This week was great! Two of our investigators were baptized! The first was Manuel. I've talked about him before, but he is just so great. I am so inspired by his strong testimony of this gospel. He bore his testimony at the baptism and said that reading the Book of Mormon is the biggest help in his life and is what gives him strength. It is how he came to know everything in this church was true. I loved hearing that because its exactly what we teach our investigators, and he came to know that was true for himself. We brought him Dominos for lunch the next day and watched The Testaments with him. Afterwards he was saying that he was so grateful for the gospel and felt so much peace in his life now. He told us that Fridays are hard for him at times because that is when he would always go out with his friends and drink, but he says that every Friday he makes sure he reads el Libro de Mormon and his pamphlet that we gave him about the Word of Wisdom, and that gives him the strength that he needs and helps him to have no desire to go. I am just amazed by how the Atonement of Jesucristo has completely changed this man. What a great example he is to all of his friends and family.

Our other is Abner. He is 17 years old and is already getting excited about serving a mission! He was a great investigator, he understood our lessons really well and was ready to be baptized. It was a little bit sad because he lives in a different area than ours. His girlfriend is in our ward. she introduced him to us. So once he was ready for baptism he had to switch to a different ward. It is sad but
okay, we still get to see him sometimes! 

Everything here is going great. There are definitely some hard days, but the good days really make you forget all of the hard ones. Spanish is my biggest desafio right now, but poco a poco its coming along! My companion is amazing and she is an awesome teacher for me. I am really sad because we are probably going to have transfers before my training is over.. There is a member who told my comp he wanted to marry her yesterday hahaha.. So she probably is going to get switched to another area. Its funny, but not really! I don't know what I am going to do without her. I am praying that she doesn't get changed, but I guess we will find out soon! 

Hope everyone has an amazing week!
xoxoxo

foto 1: Bautismo de Manuel!


foto 2: Bautismo de Abner!

No comments:

Post a Comment