Saturday, March 4, 2017

Feb 24

The last week, has truly been the best week of my life. Last Saturday we had the opportunity to go to Retaleau (a part of Guatemala outside of our mission) and listen to one of the 12 apostles, Elder Rasband, and 4 other general authorities. I could write for hours about all of the things I learned, but I would only like to mention two of them. The first thing that Elder Rasband mentioned that I would like to talk about is that the gospel we preach and teach is all about LOVE. The only reason we do it is because we LOVE the Lord, and we LOVE our Heavenly Father. He told us a story about how he was with a leader of the Advent church, and they asked Elder Rasband how is it that the church has so many missionaries that are at such a young age. He asked him if the church paid us, or if there was some sort of economic benefit of doing it. Elder Rasband responded, "There is no salary, and there is no economic benefit, they choose to serve missions because the LOVE Jesus Christ." I can truly say that what he said is true. I love Christ, and for that reason, I have loved my mission and love missionary work. I love that we can help people change there lives, through the Atonement of Christ. It is something so special, and I am so grateful for the time I have had to have my calling as a missionary here in the mission Guatemala Quetzaltenango.


The next thing I would like to mention that I learned and felt during this conference with these General Authorities, was the reality of their callings. These men are truly servants of the Lord. The Spirit that I could feel as I shook their hands, and listened to there messages was something that I can't explain, I know without a single doubt in my heart, that today we have a living prophet Thomas S. Monson, and that Jesus Christ has called him. He isn't a prophet because he studied to be, or because he worked to be one, he is a prophet because God has called him to be. And it is exactly the same with his 12 apostles and the other authorities in the Church.


To finish up my blog, another reason this week has been so great is because today we were able to go to the temple. It was such a great experience, as it always is! The temple is truly the House of the Lord, and a little piece of Heaven on Earth. I had maybe one of the most spiritual moments that I have had before, today in the temple. I felt the Christ was right by my side encouraging me and animating me to keep working hard until the last day of my mission. As I left the temple I felt an excitement to give it my all these last few weeks and to leave nothing behind. To keep planting seeds in the hearts of everyone in San Francisco so that one day, they too, can enter into the temple to make convents with the Lord.


I love you all and am so greatful for the support you have given me these last 17 months. Have an amazing week!
xoxoxxo
Hermana Baird

No comments:

Post a Comment