Wednesday, March 8, 2017

March 6 Enduring to the end

Title: Enduring to the End

"And now, my beloved brethren, after ye have gotten into this strait and narrow path, I would ask if all is done? Behold, I say  unto you, Nay; for  ye have not come thus far save it were by the word of Christ with unshaken faith in him, relying wholly upon the merits of him who is mighty to save. Wherefore, ye must press forward with a steadfastness in Christ, having a perfect brightness of hope, and a love of God and all men. Wherefore,  if ye shall press forward, feasting upon the word of Christ, and endure to the end, behold, thus saith the father: Ye shall have eternal life." 
-2 Nephi 31:19-20-

Something that I love so much about the Gospel of Jesus Christ is that we can apply it to every single aspect of our lives. One of the five principles of the Gospel, as many of you already know, is Enduring to the End. I think that right now is one of the times where I have really been able to apply this principle. After almost 18 months here in Guatemala, many many things have happened! Many moments of laughter, moments of sadness, moments of many tears, moments of miracles, moments of improvement, moments of discouragement, moments of tiredness, moments of success--many more to mention. And these moments should last and keep happening until the day that we are released as missionaries. Those who have served missions very well know that when you get to have 3 or so weeks left in the field many people start asking about home, when  you leave, what you will do, etc. Sometimes it can be distracting! But I have not been called to serve for 17 months, but for 18. And I will serve with all my might, mind, strength, and heart until the very last day. 

This week we had interviews with our mission president. I had one of the most spiritual interview yet with him. An interview that usually and is programmed for 20 minutes, lasted 40 minutes. I learned so much and was edified by the Spirit. At the end of the interview he said he wanted to give me an example of something. He said, "Hermana Baird, do you like Disneyland?" I responded that yes, I like Disneyland. He then said, "Okay Hermana, tomorrow there is an activity that is going to be so great in the park, and you have tickets! The park will open exactly at 10, and close at 7 pm. What time are you going to arrive?" I responded at 10. "And at what time will you leave?" I responded at 7. He then continued, "Okay, now you get to the park and ride the rides the entire day, you have had a lot of fun and it is now 6 o'clock. Many people are very tired, its been a long hot day in California. What are you going to do?" I said I would probably eat some dinner haha. "Okay," he said, "and then we will get back in line and ride our favorite rides until they throw us out of the park at 7." President Smith then paused for a second and looked at me straight in the eyes and said, "Hermana Baird, it is 6:45 in your mission and the park closes at 7. Go out and ride your favorite rides until the very last minute. Don't stop working. Keep giving your all." He then promised me that if I kept working as I have during my mission these last 2 weeks, I will go home feeling pleased, content, and grateful for the opportunity that I have had to serve the Lord. 

I love this gospel, and I love the Lord. I am so greatful for every moment that I have had up to this point of my journey here in Guatemala. Every moment has molded me more and more into the person that I need to become. It has been the best life training that I could ask for. Thank you for all of you who have been supports to me, and have been part of this journey since the day of my baptism. Love you all, and have a great week! 
xoxoxox
Hermana Baird

No comments:

Post a Comment