Tuesday, August 2, 2016

July 18

Well this last week has been a pretty exciting one. I had transfers! I was so sad to leave my area because I really have a lot of love for those people in theat ward, but I know that they are my family now and I will see them all again soon! The sadness passed quickly though, because my new area and new comp are super awesome! Its actually funny because my comp is Hermana Compton again! She was my comp in the MTC so we already know basically everything about each other and are learning quickly how to work together here in the field. 

My new area is amazing! I am in a part of guatemala called Totonicapan. This place is way different than anything I have ever seen. Almost everyone is dressed in the typical clothing here called ´corte´. They also speak another language which is called K´iche. Its nothing like spanish! Luckily almost everyone speaks both languages so we can still comunicate with them, but some of the older people dont understand spanish very well so we will have to bring translators with us. Its super fun, we are trying to learn a little bit of it, but holy cow its so hard. I have never heard anything like it before. We have about 5 aldeas (I think that means village in English) in our area. They are little villages up in the mountains that are super far from centro, where we live. Its so awesome because so many people have never even heard of the church, so there is just so much work to be done here! 

I love this work and I love being a missionary. I am so grateful for the oportunity to serve the people here in Toto! Amo a toto! 

Con mucho amor,
Hermana Baird

Hermana Compton and I! 



 Hermanas in our district! 

 An aldea in our beautiful area!


 The view from my desk! So pretty! 


No comments:

Post a Comment